Organic Psyllium Husk (12 Oz)
Psyllium (Plantago ovata), rich in dietary fiber, has been traditionally used to help support a healthy digestive tract. Fiber is deficient in the diets of most Americans due to frequent consumption of over-processed foods that are stripped of their natural fiber content. The recommended fiber intake for the general population is 25-35 grams per day for optimal intestinal health. Short-term inadequate fiber intake can cause stomach discomfort related to constipation, and over time this can lead to more serious complications in the intestine like diverticulosis & diverticulitis, causing unwanted pain and discomfort. Psyllium husk provides an excellent source of both soluble and insoluble fiber, which can help promote proper digestion as well as support healthy cholesterol levels in the body.
- Organic psyllium from India, certified organic by Quality Assurance International
- Provides support for colon health
- Supports healthy cholesterol levels for those with levels already within a normal range
- 100% vegetarian and vegan
- Steam treated to kill unwanted microbes